This post is a brief review of my walking and biking in August through pictures, courtesy of the fitness tracking application, Strava. Check ’em out, and enjoy all my sweaty efforts! I’ve added alot of additional fun facts about my riding for those of you who geek out on numbers, or are just curious what a month of disciplined, diligent bike riding looks like. Hopefully you had a few accomplishments too, and feel free to share them in the comments. All images are Copyright Strava 2018.
Let’s Go to the Numbers
Additional Fun Facts
- I took 11 rest days off the bike. That means I biked 320 miles in 20 days, for an average of 16 miles on the days I did bike.
- My biggest ride was 50 kilometers, 31 miles, and my biggest day was 35 miles total.
- I totalled 10,302 miles on the Fuji. Save for 3 miles on 9/1, I haven’t ridden it since.
- I completed three 50-mile weeks, done in three or four days.
- I finished my first 100-mile week since the last week of June.
- I did my first 125-mile week in quite some time, but that included the 9/1 and 9/2.
- It was hot, so most but not all my rides were in the evening, and it was still warm.
- I was #112,852 out of 253,836 people doing the August mileage challenge.
- Of the 7 other people doing the challenge that I follow, I was fourth.
- The 320 miles I rode is 503 kilometers, but I only completed 40% of the goal.
- By comparison, the 2018 Vuelta a Espana is 3,271.4 km (2,033 mi) in 21 days.
- Total miles for 2018 as of August, 31 was 2,509.6 miles.
- If I average 11 miles every day the rest of the year, I will meet my 4,000 mile goal.
A DUDE ABIKES INVITES YOU TO:
- Email follow – if you need help, email me (see About page)
- Re-blog – permalink to this post
- Find me on Google +
- Share on Social Media
THANK YOU! www.ADudeAbikes.com
© 2015-18 A Dude Abikes. All rights reserved.