This post is about the statistics of my blog, mostly over the last half a year. Ironically, screen shots paint a better picture without too many words. It comes as promised before my little rant about the U.S not living up to its ideals as a government or nation regarding its horrible, immoral immigration policy of separating children from their parents at the Texas border. Agree or disagree, but I believe I’m on the right side of the law, history and human decency on this one.
While some may appreciate my view and others may not, fortunately we do still mostly have freedom of speech in the U.S. And this blog is primarily an attempt to document my bicycle journey and to inspire others to do the same. It’s also an experiment in writing that I started January of 2016 but have not worked on intensively until 2018. That said, let me show you a look under the hood of http://www.ADudeAbikes.com (aka http://ADudeAbikes.WordPress.com)!
Numbers Don’t Lie (Or Tell the Whole Truth, Either)
Views per month and average per day hit a high in February and have been declining steadily.
What Do the Numbers Mean, Though, Dude?
A few words about these stats.
1. Followers, you’re awesome, thank you very much for following me! 250 is not alot for some but it is for others, including me. I began the year at 20 or so, so yeah, it’s a big deal.
2. I can only surmise that my readership is a small portion of the 250 based on views and likes, but without Google Analytics, it’s hard to know much beyond what these numbers tell us. Again, thank you for reading.
3. Numbers of readers are probably going down because I’m not doing the requisite engagement of reading everyone’s blog, commenting, liking, etc. I do WANT to do this, but I would never get my blog written three days a week (or my book on the other four). I do take care to thank every new follower if their blog allows me to make a comment and leave a like (some do not). Sometimes I will like a post without reading, but hey, I’m doing my best.
I suppose what I want to say that I hope to be able to continue the experiment. As long as I don’t promote it, I will struggle with the question of why I’m writing it. And I probably won’t ever make any money from it; most blogs even with thousands of followers don’t turn a profit, or much of one. And how many people even read blogs who aren’t bloggers themselves? Does the world really need another blog by a mid-aged, overweight, dude without a car?
Yet, when I tell people about it, they think the name is cool. They want to know the URL and say they’ll look it up. And I have no doubt some do. But still, it’s simply a very time-consuming hobby, an indulgence, maybe even a bit egotistical. One could say that about many blogs and most social media, though. I like to think of it as telling my story, and hopefully learning and inspiring on the way. Whether the journey ends tomorrow, in a month or a year, we’ll see where the road takes me. Thanks for coming along for the ride, ya’ll! What are your thoughts? Leave a positive or constructive comment below.
If you’re just a viewer, consider becoming a follower as below.
A DUDE ABIKES INVITES YOU TO:
- Email follow – if you need help, email me (see About page)
- Re-blog – permalink to this post
- Find me on Google +
- Share on Social Media
THANK YOU! www.ADudeAbikes.com
© 2015-18 A Dude Abikes. All rights reserved.